Are you aged 12-18 and enjoy puzzles, code breaking and cyber? Then our CyberCenturion competition could be just the thing for you.
Over the past two years we have seen over 50 teams compete from across the UK and Overseas Territories, but we want to see more!
How CyberCenturion works
CyberCenturion mirrors the US CyberPatriot competition, part of a major American STEM education programme presented by the Northrop Grumman Foundation and created by the US Air Force Association. CyberPatriot has already engaged more than 250,000 students, educating them on the opportunities in cyber security across the US.
The competition is played by teams of between four and six people. Each team must include a responsible adult as the liaison between the organisers and the participants, and every team participant must be 18 years old or under when the game is played. The competition is open to anyone in Europe that meets the age requirements and has the correct team format (including leader).
Each team must play a series of online qualifying rounds, which will challenge them to learn about networking, coding and cyber security. If the team scores higher than most of the other players and makes it to the leaderboard, then they will be invited to play in the National Final, a face-to-face competition which finds the ultimate champion for the year.
2016/17 competition round of CyberCenturion
- Introductory Images — September 7 – October 9 (Teams practice with three basic images containing an answer key. A new image is released to teams every two weeks.)
- Sneak Preview — September 17 (Teams have four hours to test the updated CyberPatriot Competition System.)
- Competition Round 1: 11-13th November 2016
- Competition Round 2: 9th – 11th December 2016
- Competition Round 3: 3rd – 5th February 2017
UK NATIONAL FINALS Week
Commencing 24th APRIL 2017 (Location TBA)
Please sign up in time for the Practise Rounds October 11th – 25th 2016 (LATEST by 9th OCTOBER) as they are invaluable to test your networks, patience and teams in order to get ready for competition rounds.
How do I get a team together?
- You need a Team Leader who is over 18.
- Each team can be between 4-6 people and aged from 12-18 inclusive.
- The Team Leader needs to send in a team registration form via the sign up link on this page
- A parental consent form must be completed and sent for each team participant
Teams have a single six-hour period to complete a single round; so choose the most suitable day for each round; Friday, Saturday or Sunday 13:00-19:00.
- Teams may only have one instance of each image opened at a time.
- Teams must be connected to the Internet while competing; to ensure LIVE judging and access to the technical team via Web-Ex.
- Students should not receive any outside assistance.
- No offensive activity is allowed.
- All images must be deleted after the competition; this is all about trust.